GAGLIANO MARCATI snc belongs to the Marcati family. The modernly equipped factory located in Sommacampagna (15 km from Verona) produces liqueurs, distillates and syrups. The production activity has been recently revamped: new bottling lines, re-organized and expanded warehouses, refurbished offices.
The history of Marcati
The history of Marcati starts back when the family pharmacy was also a laboratory where recipes for infusions and liqueurs were tested and refined, two brothers Pietro and Luigi Marcati, started work in their first workshop. The year was 1919. Soon the products were well-known and highly regarded, demand grew and it became necessary to increase production of and expand the business: in 1929 the first offices, later destroyed during the Second World War, were set up in Verona. The three generations which, since the last century, have taken over management from the Marcatis have always safeguarded their roots and the quality of local liqueur traditions. After the war, Guiseppe – Pietro’s son – decided to start over the company making it the point of departure that would have paved the way for a larger and well-established business reality at the beginning of the Sixties also backed by the construction of the new factory based in Sommacampagna.